Monday, November 21, 2011

Play that funky football, right boys...

We had our last Wine Dinner of the year last week, and I could kick myself for not taking better photos of it!  My boyfriend is the photographer in our relationship, while I usually cut people's heads off and have random blurry images here and there. 

Our theme was supposed to be fairly simple this time....football.  But, of course, I can't do anything simple.  I have to make my life difficult at times, even if it makes me crazy.  So I didn't plan ahead for this one, didn't spend hours making centerpieces or name tags.  Overall, I wish I had done a bit more, because it felt like it was boring to me...even though everyone else seemed to like it.  See?  I have to make my life NOT SIMPLE!

But I digress....

At the last minute, I got the brilliant (okay, not so much in hindsight) idea of painting some football-ish shaped vases to look like....footballs...and threw some fake mums in them for centerpieces.  Not my best work, but I am happy about my name cards.  I bought some royal blue and hot pink binder clips from the office store and made Cowboy-star festooned cards and name pennants out of scrapbook paper. 



My best idea was literally at the last minute, when I needed to make cards for five more people and was out of scrapbook paper.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of them at the actual event.


Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment