Tuesday, October 18, 2011

S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A-F-F-F-F-E-E-E-E-T-T-T-T-Y-Y-Y-Y Safety...PINS!

Sometimes, my not-so-original idea of using song lyrics as blog post titles backfires at bit....

So, I've been saving baby food jars for about 4 months now, which gave me a grand total of 13 jars.  Before you go thinking that I'm neglecting to feed my poor child, you should know that we fed our new puglet baby food mixed with puppy chow....but I digress.  My initial thought was to paint the inside of the jars with orange paint, and make jack-o'lantern faces on the outside.  My second thought was to wrap gauze around them, and make mummies, so I ran with it.

I also had about 378 little gold safety pins (hence the overly silly post title), so I spray-painted some of them black and added them to the back of the now-wrapped jars.  I added some black marker eyes and voila! 


 I'll just add some cheap tealights and these will make great, inexpensive candles for my dinner party decorations.  I decided to save the 'paint the insides' idea for my collection of empty wine and champagne bottles.  Also leftover from the dogs, of course. 

A gratuitous photo of our puglet (pug puppy)...

No comments:

Post a Comment