Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm a survivor; I'm gonna make it...whatever it is

I have such a creative bug these days, but also seem to be creatively blocked at the same time.  While I was planning our wedding, some of my friends on Facebook and Pinterest were doing a crafter's challenge and making things by hand for five of their friends.  I wanted to participate in that, but had way too much to do in wedding preparation.  So, I've decided to do my own challenge.  The first five people that read this post, and leave a comment....I'll make something for them.  Hopefully, I can keep up with the vast demand!

:: crickets ::

Until then, here are some photos of last month's Wine Dinner.  We did a 'Survivor' theme, but didn't vote anyone out of the restaurant.  Brad wouldn't let me have real fire torches either.  Oh well.


Each table of twenty had a team name, color and flag. 


Each table of twenty had a different tribe name, flag and color...with coordinating chairs, of course. 



I used a simple burlap table runner, and painted the guests' names on river rocks to use as place cards.  The centerpieces were made out of dried grass, sticks and twigs set in old vases that I painted to look like tiki statues and totem poles.  The menus were printed on craft paper, torn on the edges and tied around the napkins with strips of fraying leather cording. 


Now I'm ready to tackle those handmade projects for you.  Keep those comments coming! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your new blog! I have no clue where you get all your creative talent from, I must have been in another line when that was passed out. But will love reading this and getting ideas from you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you, but not in that crazy stalker way, just on Facebook, and Pinterest, and now your blog... Wait, maybe I am a stalker. LOL :) Can't wait to see all your craftiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all of the creative things you do. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas.

    Kerry McEachern

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD blog! I think you have found your calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys rock! Now, what kind of handmade goodness can I do for you? Send me a facebook message!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I missed your blog?? :) I stalk you. And your cute animal pictures. Love your creative stuff on here! And I'm not a member of pinterest.

    ReplyDelete