Sunday, March 25, 2012

Let's do this!

I should have been the one to invent Pinterest.  I have been saving ideas, notes, magazine cutouts, photos, sketches, blueprints, 80s music, more ideas and photos for 26 years....or more.  One of the first photos I ever cut out of magazine is the one that inspired my love of interior design.

Image courtesy of Seventeen Magazine, circa 1986

Now, if there were only a quick and easy way of magically scanning all of these thousands of ideas directly onto my Pinterest boards without the fear of copyright issues, etc.  Oh, and not having to actually chain myself to the scanner all day.  That's not even counting the even more thousands of photos I have saved to my computer files. 

So what am I doing with all of these valuable resources shoved into binders and boxes and computer files?  Nothing. 

Until now           (Cue dramatic music)

From now on, I'm not going to wait to have children so that I can decorate their rooms.  I'm not going to wait until October to make fun Halloween decorations.  I'm not going to wait to start a business until I win the lottery and I'm NOT going to wait any more to start creating all of the things I've been saving to do someday.  Well, maybe I shouldn't decorate children's rooms until I actually have some of my own.  That would be weird.

Maybe by creating this blog, I'll hold myself accountable for actually doing something about my dreams.  Maybe someone will let me design their kids' rooms or decorate for their dinner party.  Maybe I'll win the lottery and can spend my days painting furniture and listening to 80s music. 
Who knows. 

Are you with me, dear readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment