Thursday, March 29, 2012

You oughtta know, how I feel...about Pinterest

One of the not-so-pleasant side effects of having Pinterest-addicted friends is that you probably do not get any credit for coming up with something creative on your own. 

I made some felt fortune-cookie party favors for a friend's birthday party a few weeks ago...something I had tried for the first time about 9 years ago after watching a cooking show on TV.  I thought it would be cool to use felt, so I sketched my idea and tucked it away into an idea file.  When I debuted my felt creations at the recent party, I was greeted by "oh, Pinterest!" 

Sure enough, there was a Pinterest pin for felt fortune cookies.  Not mine.  Mine were zebra-print.


Whatever.  I'm not bitter.

Much.

If I had known the other party guests better, I would have defended my craft...but then I would have looked like the weird party goer who can't stop talking about herself and her felt cookies.  I promised myself I wouldn't do that...again.

Anyway.

I realized that there is nothing new under the sun, and my versions of cute things can be quite different than other people's.  So when I saw this cute photo on Pinterest, I decided to repost it.

But, I also wanted to post a photo of MY curtains that I made three LONG years ago.  Before Pinterest.  Not bitter, in case you were wondering.
 
Mine are sewn, but I admit it would have been cool if they were hand-painted.  I made mine out of inexpensive white sheets and RIT dye; with lots of measuring, cutting, swearing, crying and Airplane movie breaks. 
I won't even admit out loud that I'm thinking about painting my old dining-room chandelier and hanging it this room in front of these curtains.  Maybe a silvery-grey color? 
Still not bitter.  Nope. 
And don't call me Shirley.

No comments:

Post a Comment