Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Red, red wine...dinners make you feel so fine

I've been a bad blogger again.  When I started writing this blog, I wanted to post my own photos...rather than someone else's from their blog.  So I dug deep into my computer files and found the pictures from my first Wine Dinner, with a picnic theme. 



I made table squares out of fat quarters, in different shades of blue and red.  I made centerpieces out of paper flowers and craft tissue stuffed into a brown paper bag.  My place cards were simple calligraphy on plain white business cards, trimmed with plaid scrapbook paper and placed on cut corks.


A few months later, I used the same theme, but took it a step (or four) farther.  I used most of the same table squares, but this time on an ivory tablecloth.
  

I used more paper flowers in ice buckets lined with blue gingham as the main centerpieces, flanked by the smaller brown paper bag centerpieces on either side of the table.  I made paper napkin rings to look like old wine labels, with burgundy napkins rolled inside.  I cut butterflies out of scrapbook paper for the place cards and lined small candle holders with autumn leaves for some fall color. 



 Stay tuned for more Wine Dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment