Monday, April 16, 2012

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

To celebrate the upcoming Jimmy Buffett concert, I present the Margaritaville-themed wine dinner we had last summer.  I made centerpieces out of various glasses, fake flowers and lots of glitter.  Oh, the glitter.  I still can't get the glitter out of places in the kitchen. 

Side note:  don't ever use glitter anywhere near a self-healing cutting board.  Just don't.

I painted a few signs, and used those for decoration.  In some cases, I used guest's names to make it more personal and fun. I had originally ordered blue tablecloths, but they didn't come in, so I ended up using purple and aqua.  Happy accident, however...they worked just fine!  I covered the purple cloth with a fishnet purchased at the local party store.





At the last minute, I decided that things looked a little boring around the restaurant, so I purchased a bunch of mini-beachballs to hang from the chandeliers.  It was well worth the five bucks I paid a teenager to blow them all up for me.


The placecards were my favorite part.  I played around with scrap paper until I came up with a folding-chair pattern, then made umbrellas with colored toothpick stands.  They didn't stand up well at first, so I punched out circles of a sand-looking piece of scrapbook paper to help stablize them. 


I drew inspiration from one of my favorite Jimmy Buffett signs.


And in my new tradition of posting photos of my "fuzzy children", here is our very own Strange Bird:
Her name is Lola.  She was a showgirl.  With yellow feath....well, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment