Sunday, April 15, 2012

You make me...burlappy, when skies are grey


I've been obsessed with burlap lately.  I love the 'old' feeling of it, the color, the texture.  These days, burlap is being used everywhere in home decorating, weddings, accessories and more. 




It's relatively inexpensive, and can usually be purchased at a fabric store for $4 or less per yard.  But I especially love burlap that was originally used for something else; such as flour sacks or coffee bean storage or....something else. 


I'm especially loving burlap lamp shades in particular. 


I really like the painted and/or embellished burlap shades.  Maybe not so much for my house, but I love how they can be personalized. 


Feeling inspired, I created my own  (plain) burlap shade and one embellished and painted burlap shade.  One of them, I love:

The other....meh.
(back side of shade)

And because I said I would, here is a cute photo of one of my children...also on a lampshade.





No comments:

Post a Comment